What does growingSTEMS stand for?
- growing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Students! We aim to provide experiences that will help the students grow in STEM related areas.
Are my donations tax deductible?
- All donations made to growingSTEMS (a 501(c)(3) federally recognized nonprofit organization – EIN 46-0573936) are tax deductible. If you would like a donation receipt for tax purposes, please submit your request to email@example.com and we would be more then happy to provide you with one.
Are there any prerequisites?
- The only prerequisite for joining any of our programs is the willingness to learn and be part of a team. No prior training or robotics experience is required, everyone is encouraged to apply and become a STEM student!
What program would my child be involved with?
- growingSTEMS offers 3 levels of programs for all students grades 4th through 12th, no matter the school or educational program.
- FLL – 4th through 6th grade (ages 9-12)
- FTC – 6th through 9th grade (ages 12-14)
- FRC – 9th through 12th grade (ages 14-18)
- While there is some overlap of program grade ranges, we reserve the right to direct students in that overlap area to specific programs.
- At this moment in time we do not offer a program for children younger then 4th grade.
When is enrollment and how do I register?
- Enrollment periods vary between the three programs as their competition seasons are different times of the year. The below are generalized dates that are subject to change based on team / program enrollment rates.
- More up to date information will be posted on this website and through out social media pages. If you would like to be added to our mailing list and receive emails about open enrollment, please send word to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does it cost?
- Overall program costs differ from program to program.
- FLL – $100 registration fee
- FTC – $250 registration fee + travel expenses ( <$100 )
- FRC – $250 registration fee + travel expenses ( ~$100 per local competition and ~$250 for World Championships )
- The FRC program normally qualifies for 3 local events and the World Championships each year.
Are you part of the STEM Academy / School System?
- growingSTEMS has no affiliation with the St. Mary’s County Public School System / STEM Academy. We are a external organization aimed at providing a STEM experience to all children , no matter their school.
Is this Battle Bots!?
- The robotics programs that growingSTEMS offers are non-combat robotics. The robots that our students design and build are for educational purposes and compete in friendly competitions designed to achieve a singular purpose or compete in a international competition.